Job Advertisement: Hope for the Future Researcher
Application Deadline: Thursday 9th August, midday
Interviews to be held on Friday 17th August, face to face or by skype.
Hours: 3.5 hours per week Pay: £1,500 per annum
Contract type: 6 month rolling contract, to be renewed subject to available funds.
We are looking for an organised and enthusiastic individual to join our small Sheffield based team. This is an exciting role in which you will work with leading climate change specialists in undertaking research to shape the wider work of Hope for the Future. You will be required to work from our office in Sheffield and to make occasional day trips to London to meet with partners. You will be line managed by the Director.
Your main responsibilities will include;
- Providing Hope for the Future staff, volunteers and trustees with politics and climate change related research.
- Developing and maintaining an awareness of advancements in climate change science and technology, relevant debates and policy developments.
- Provide a weekly update of the above to staff and volunteers of Hope for the Future staff and volunteers of policy developments and updates within relevant sectors.
- Researching MPs and working with the Director and Assistant Director to develop tailored lobbying strategies.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of good working relationships with partner charities and organisations to inform Hope for the Future’s work.
- Creation of online and offline briefing resources for Hope for the Future supporters and the maintenance/ updating of website resources.
- Contributing to Hope for the Future’s social media presence in areas relating to your role.
To find out more about the role and how to apply, download the job advertisement here.