Example Climate Questions
2017 General Election Hustings
- What climate change policies are planned for your manifesto?
- To what extent do you see climate change as the greatest threat to the UK and the globe today, and what do you see as the most important policy priorities for addressing the issue?
- What is your stance on the role that renewable energy has to play in securing the UK's energy supply and how would you support renewable energy locally and nationally if successful in your election campaign?
- How do you understand the 'green economy' and what role do you think it has to play in UK job generation?
- Provided by Christian Aid: Climate change has been caused largely by developed countries. Its impacts are being felt the world over and in the UK, but mostly by the poorest and most vulnerable communities in developing countries. If you are elected as our MP, would you support clean energy generation efforts locally and work to persuade the UK Government to produce an ambitious plan that meets the requirements of the Climate Change Act?
- Provided by Tearfund: I care about climate change and the threat it poses to people and places I love. It’s causing poverty around the world, and means more floods and erratic weather for us in the UK too. The UK promised to cut greenhouse gas emissions faster, in the Paris Agreement – how will your party keep that promise? See Tearfund's election guide here.
We'd be delighted to hear if you have organised a climate hustings or asked a question regarding climate change at one. Please get in touch at email@example.com.